The first scan is just the drawing on a piece of stretched watercolor paper. I did a basic grid to make sure the features all are in the right places and proportions.
I started laying down washes of watercolor and the paint was doing a lot of unexpected bleeding. I suspect it was because the paper had been stretched on this board months ago and I never got to it. Being left out it may have gotten wet or roughed up, IDK. I was thinking I may be laying some color down and then doing a pencil or ink drawing over it instead of a straight-up painting if I couldn't control the edges of my marks.
The process is simple where I just layer fairly light washes over each other and build it up. With the dark areas, I'll start to get braver with less transparent washes. I'm feeling better about probably just finishing this with paint and not having to go in with something else to tackle the details.
That's it for now, I'll finish it after I get back from WM on Monday or Tuesday.